Midwest Transport Specialist is a full service brokerage that has been in business for over 30 years providing asset based truckload services, tow and recovery divisions, warehouse, Intermodal services, Drive Away and specialized Landoll equipment. We are currently seeking a Freight Broker/Dispatcher.
The Freight Broker will manage daily operations including scheduling and tracking shipments, negotiating with freight carriers and handling customer questions by performing the following duties:
- Negotiates and arranges transport of goods with shipping or freight companies.
- Notifies consignees, or customers of the arrival of freight, and arrange for delivery.
- Advises clients on transportation and payment methods.
- Prepares manifests freight weights, and transmit data to destinations.
- Determines method of shipment and prepare bills of lading, invoices, and other shipping documents.
- Estimates freight rates and record shipment costs and weights.
- Enters shipping information into a computer.
- Retrieves stored items and trace lost shipments as necessary.
- Maintains and Develops a portfolio of accounts and customers.
- Manages scheduling and tracking shipments.
- Prepares spreadsheets and financial reports, and files insurance claims.
- 3-5 years of experience working as a freight broker or working in logistics.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, and drug test.
- Must have a valid driver license.
- Have ability to read and comprehend instructions.
Skills and Abilities:
- The ability to work alone or as a team, willingness to be a self motivator.
- The ability to keep up with changing technology and updates.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to handle and address the needs of multiple clients and projects.
Midwest Transport Specialist offers a competitive benefits package to include health insurance options, dental insurance, vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a company matched 401k plan.